Friday, July 11, 2008

"Dancing On Daddy's Feet"

When I was little I loved to dance on my Daddy’s feet. With my arms stretched up to meet his hands and my feet planted firmly on his we would move as one. My movements were controlled by his. But the minute I would step down we were no longer insync.
My dance with my Heavenly Father is the same. As I place my full weight on His feet, stretching my arms and hands upward, grasping firmly, we dance in perfect rhythm. His movements gently and safely move me around the dance floor of my life. In this heavenly dance I feel His delight and love. I am delighted too!
The moment I take my feet off of His, I feel myself losing the rhythm and delight that I experienced with Him. Like a perfect gentleman He doesn’t yank me back up on His feet. He waits for me to climb back up and stretch out my arms to His loving grasp.
Everyday I have to decide whose feet I am going to dance on ~ mine or His. It is a conscious decision I make. Do I want to hear His sacred heart beating as I rest my head on His mighty chest? My spirit says, “YES!” Yet my dance card becomes filled with other partners and I don’t start the day with Him.
Why don’t I always choose the best? So today I choose to place my feet on His and allow Him to take me across the dance floor. It feels so good to rest in His loving embrace.

"You turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog "Underneath the Threads." God Bless! :)